Saturday 21 November 2015

Miscellany

I don't want this blog to be full of doom and gloom, so I haven't posted much lately. The days have been full of trying to cope with the treatment for my illness, and the side effects of the cancer drugs and even when there were happier interludes I could have reported, I haven't really had the energy. But we now seem to have turned a corner with the drug trial and error and , fingers and toes crossed, we may have found the right dosage of the right drug to keep the tumours at bay and still allow me some quality of life.

I looked in on my singing group yesterday, was made a big fuss of and even managed to warble a few of the Christmas songs being practised for the seasonal sing-outs. Maybe I'll get to join in with them yet.

My daughter has started her new job. My neighbours have been helping out with dog walks. My granddaughter has begun taking two buses to school and is more grown up than ever. She put on a pair of new shoes today and is now - at 12 years old - taller than both myself and her mother.

Jade has also found a new lease of life; her limp disappears when she is out walking and running around with Rafi. Yesterday my daughter met a friend to take the dogs to Sandbanks beach and this friend took a great pic of Jade. I just had to show it to you.

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

That is a lovely picture of Jade! And I am glad that the cancer drugs are doing their work for you.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Glad you are feeling some better. Hang in there!

Betty Boop14 said...

Glad to hear you are surviving the treatment Jean if love could cure you, maybe it will, I am sure you must feel it in abundance from all your family and friends.
XXXX

Paola said...

Oh dear my comment didn't work...will try again. So glad there is some good news and they have got the drugs sorted. And the choir is great for you...singing is so therapeutic!

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site