Wednesday 5 November 2014

Our Ham Common Walk

This year arsonists ensured that much of Ham Common was denuded of vegetation. Only bare earth and the blackened skeletons of destroyed bushes were left after the spring. Now though, the ground is covered by new life with plants pushing up and even disguising those sad skeletons.

 
Jade and I had the paths of the common to ourselves this afternoon. Only once we had descended to steps to Rockley Beach did we see other people enjoying the autumn sun and the long stretches of sand and mud pools exposed by a very low tide.


By the time we got back to the car park, the sun was obscured by a dark cloud, so we were happy to make for home, where I got some cleaning jobs done before settling back to work in my office. 

I can't seem to write more than one article a day at the moment, so I have to be careful how much commissioned work I take on. I'll be working this weekend so I can meet all the deadlines due to fall while I'm away again next week.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Looks like a lovely place to walk. I'd like to know more about tide pools first hand.

Unknown said...

Hi Joan. You can't see the pools in my photo which was taken when the tide was happier. I tend to walk on the sand anyway to avoid getting wet feet, but will try to get more photos and investigate them when I can get there with a camera at low tide again.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site