Monday 16 December 2013

The Christmas Rush

After a 10 day hiatus, here I am again. I've no idea what to write about but thought I'd come in and take a break from everything else for a  few minutes. Here's a pic from last Christmas of two of the lights of my life who make it all worth while.



I have been working really hard on getting my December assignments finished while trying to get ready for Christmas and take care of my dog and all my domestic duties. There has been no time for blogging and little time for sleep. Today I should be at a local WEA committee meeting to conclude planning a programme of courses for 2014-15 starting next September. But they'll have to do it without me. I'll also miss the Christmas lunch we were all going to have afterwards, but I just couldn't get there today.

I  have one more of a series of 11 landing pages to write and then all the drafting I have to do is finished. It's getting harder and harder to find yet another way of saying the same thing on the page, so I've put off the next one until I come in from taking Jade for a walk after lunch and going to the post office. Before I send these drafts off tomorrow, I'll have to go through them with a fine tooth comb, to make sure all the place names are correct as well as picking up typos and making sure all the keywords are there but not sticking out like a sore thumb. Then I just have to find a few ideas to be approved for January and prepare my invoices before I can forget about work till after Christmas.

Never thought I'd still be doing all this after retirement age but that's how life goes these days.


2 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

It doesn't sound like much fun. I'm feeling that way about my jobs too. But, money is good.

Unknown said...

Cheers Joan. I'm always amazed to read how much you get through every day. Merry Christmas.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site