Thursday 3 October 2013

Diana Movie

Just been to see the film Diana at the Senior Screen. It's all about her love affair with Hasnat Khan. He says the film is a work of fiction and their relationship was very different, although they did have tentative plans for a future together. Nevertheless it made for a very touching love story with, of course, the tragic ending of her death in a French hospital after the car accident in which Dodi Fayed also died. Now I'm sure you know who I'm writing about. Here's the trailer.



The reaction to this film is varied. I wouldn't expect the royals or the Fayad family to like it. And it would surely be heartbreaking for her sons, even though they must be used to their mother still coming up in the news over and over again.

I don't think this is one of the greatest movies, but I quite liked it. As the screenwriter is suposed to have pointed out, it's good to think she she had someone who loved her for herself after her divorce from Prince Charles.

3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I would find it so hard to see someone acting her, somehow. She was unique, wasn't she?
I still don't really know what I think about her, and in a way I would not like to see the film as it might fix my opinions.

Sharkbytes said...

Not my kind of movie.

Unknown said...

Jenny - I'm not sure seeing the film would help. personally, I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.

Joan - it certainly wouldn't be to everyone's taste, so you're not alone.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site