Monday 17 June 2013

Tomatoes for the Garden

Last weekend my sister gave me some tomato plants and this weekend we went to the garden centre and bought the right compost to fill some big pots and planted them on. My mini polythene greenhouse is not big enough to hold any of those pots so they are now dotted around the garden where they will catch the sun for at least part of the day - when we get it. Here's hoping we will actually get a crop. Be wonderful if they are half as good as these.


pic by Rameshng at Wikimedia Commons

4 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I never have much success with tomatoes. I try to grow them outdoors. Often they get that disease where the bottom stays hard and green and the top grows red, yet even the red bit doesn't taste nice. Sigh.Home grown tomatoes usually do taste so much better than shop ones!

Paola said...

We grow cherry tomatoes on our rooftop during the cool season - I just love the smell of home-grown tomatoes! Plant a bit of basil beside them...mmmm...

Linda D said...

I love the smell of tomato plants - and a crop would be a welcome bonus!

Sharkbytes said...

Good luck! I would like to try some grape tomatoes on the deck some year.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site