Friday 30 November 2012

Dream Living


Before my retirement I dreamed of a lazy life by the sea. I did manage to move to a seaside location, but the reality is far from lazy. I’ve found I’m in greater demand than when I was out there touting for work. And I still need to earn to support my house, dog and the two somewhat impoverished men who share my house space.

Well, I can still dream. This week my dreams centre around south Florida, surely one of the best locations for year round seaside living. I heard about the new luxury developments on Sunny Isles beach between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Not sure if I would want to live in a high rise, but the Regalia condos are the last word in luxury, with one apartment per storey and sea views all round.

A little further south is Bal Harbour, again with skyscraping apartment living. The views will be to die for. The luxuryoceanfront condos at One Bal Harbour come with all the facilities of a hotel, including wifi. I can just imagine myself sitting under a sun brolly in a skimpy swimsuit, working away at my laptop but taking a refreshing dip in the pool to cool off from time to time.

Perhaps it’s just as well that luxury oceanfront condominiums in Bal Harbour, Florida, will have to remain a dream for me. I doubt very much that I’d be able to take my dog with me, and I can’t imagine life without her now.

1 comment:

Paola said...

You know, Jean, when I was in Uruguay it was billed as the best place for retirement after Panama! And perhaps it still is...cheap, friendly, safe...but a bit far from family and friends!

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site