Monday 23 July 2012

Silly Poem

Nothing to Read on the Train

I left my Kindle on the train
on the outward journey.
What a stupid thing to do.

Now I have nothing to read on the train
on the homeward journey.
I am beside myself.

I spent an hour on the internet
to find out what to do.
Then I made the call.

"Sorry you lost your Kindle on our train.
Here's another number to call."
I made a second call.



"Sorry you lost your Kindle on our train.
Here's another number to call."
I made another call.

Someone called to tell me this:
my Kindle came off at Plymouth.
God bless the honest man.

They sent my Kindle to Bristol
where the found things go.
I made another call.

Bristol know nothing about it.
"Call again next week.
The system needs an update."

It's pretty amazing really,
the number of people who wave
as the train trundles by.

I see more on my homeward journey,
gazing through the window,
because I have nothing to read.

(The photo is by CrazyD: source Wikimedia Commons: NB. If you can read the text you'll see it's not English and looks to me like German)



1 comment:

Laurie said...

With the amount of reading I have done since buying my Kindle last October, I think I'd be completely lost without it. I hope you get it back soon.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site