Monday 26 September 2011

Getting Your Hands Dry


Don't you hate it when you've visited a restroom in a hotel or a cinema, an airport or a train station, you've washed your hands and find the only way to dry them is to stand for about five minutes waving them around in a warm slow air flow? I usually give up, flap them around a bit and let them dry naturally.

Some of the latest hand dryers actually work. They are more powerful and can really dry your hands quickly. But the crème de la crème must be the Dyson Air Blade, where you slide each hand down into a pocket and pull it out dry about 12 seconds later.

I wish I could remember where I first came across one of these airblade hand dryers. I'd definitely be going back there. I recall that it was one of those really pristine bathrooms that actually smelt clean. I was a bit wary of the hand dryer at first, but I watched someone else go first and then it was my turn and I was just amazed to have clean and dry hands in an instant. Dyson describes the process as being like a windscreen wiper scraping water off your hands. Apparently these dryers also use a lot less energy than the warm air dryers, so they are better for the environment too.

Dyson has always been famous for a revolutionary type of vacuum cleaner and I hadn't realised the company had diversified into Dyson hand dryers, but now that I know, I'm glad they did.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I got to try one once. It was great! I knew what it was because I saw one on TV... not sure if it was an infomercial or a show about engineering or what.

Russ said...

I would love to try one. I hate those hand dryers.

I went to a fancy hotel once and they had individual hand towels to dry your hands. I would hate to do their laundry.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site