Monday 23 August 2010

Memorable days

The last of my visitors, my seven year old granddaughter, left yesterday. I miss her a lot, and the hoards of other people I have been entertaining over the last couple of weeks, but it is good to be able to look forward to getting back to routine, once I have completed the mountain of laundry, cleaning and tidying that now needs to be done. A good start has been made, alongside a couple of new writing assignments I've got that will help to defray the costs of it all.

And I'm left with some lovely memories. It's been great just observing all the children enjoying themselves. One day a stepdaughter and her family joined us - a rare occurrence - and we were quite an assortment of people and a dog picnicking at our local beach. The next day a number of us went to a birthday lunch for my son.

Another memorable day was just hubby, youngster and I visiting Monkey World, a local primate rescue centre. I took this picture through a window into the woolly monkey enclosure.



I had to crop a lot out of this one of some orangutans as they were quite a way from the viewing area. It's still quite difficult to see what's what, but you can get the general idea. It looks to me like there could be a mature adult, a young adult and a baby. We certainly weren't close enough to make that out when we were there.

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh, how adorable they are and that looks like it was so much fun. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and was left with such special memories.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jo. We did enjoy the day, although Eryn was much more interested in the monkeys and lemurs that were on the move than the ones lying around. They were mostly too fast for photos though.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site