Saturday 20 March 2010

Poole Quay


Photo by Adrian Pingstone at Wikimedia Commons

This picture of Poole Quay was taken in 2002, but if you take away all the people, it is very much as it appeared when I walked there this morning. It's very early in the season and the weather was drizzly, so not many people were braving it today. The Quay is on the far side of the swing bridge from where I live. So far I have concentrated on showing you the park, beaches and walks on our side of the bridge, and haven't shown you this before. But it's definitely one of my favourite spots and one of the reasons I choose to live here now.

Unless I have heavy shopping to get, I usually leave the car at home and take the bus, but today I just missed one and decided to walk. It took me about 45 minutes to get this far. I was heading for the shopping street behind all this, but I really enjoyed my scenic walk on the way.

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

It has a very quaint and charming feel to it. It reminds me of Stanley Market in Hong Kong. Very picturesque.

Unknown said...

Yes Jo. It is the Old Town area of Poole, which was of course built up around the quay.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site