Tuesday 2 February 2010

Feast, Famine and Absence


This painting is of a village feast is by Cornelis Dusart


Pic of the famine memorial in Dublin by Chmee2 at Wikimedia

I've got work assigments coming out of my ears at the moment. Strange how I still have the feast or famine thing happening even though I'm now supposed to be retired and just doing what I fancy. For anyone not familiar with self employment feats means loads of work and famine means none. It can be quite hard to get a good balance on this when you are freelancing.

Anyway, it is good to have some extra payments coming in because my savings for the house are almost gone now, and while we have enough from our pensions to get by in the normal run of things, there's not much left. And we still have lots of house and garden projects to fund and trips to go on if possible, not to mention having something put aside for when things go wrong.

Something went wrong this morning when I tried to print and the printer only printed the colour graphics - no black text. It took me a while to realise it wasn't my computer system going wrong, just the printer. It took even longer for me to understand that all I needed to do was change the damaged black ink cartridge. But then it worked ok. I'm thankful that I didn't have to buy a new printer. It's still a pain though as a lot of ink was wasted and now I have no spare black cartridges and have to order more.

This could be my last post for a few days as we are off to dogsit for a friend. This dog has a daily walk routine of two long walks and a couple of short ones so I'm thinking we might both lose a few pounds in weight which will be no bad thing. They don't have a TV either so either I'll get lots of scribbling done or hubby and I could have a few more meaningful conversations.

Not sure if I'll get much internet time there, probably just enough to check my emails, so sorry if I don't get to dropping for a while. Back next week.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site