Friday 15 January 2010

IT Stuff

I had to go back to Firefox today to finish my EC drops. I've been using Chrome since it was recommended by my IT man when he restored my data after the virus killed my computer. He had downloaded it for me, and I love the way I get all the options on a new tab, with thumbnails of my favourite sites. But lately it's been getting so slow, and I often get messages saying pages are not responding, or a plug-in is not responding. Today I lost patience and opened Firefox. While it was not so easy to access my EC dashboard, once I got there, everything went swiftly and smoothly. it pains me when I am running out of time and have to skim the new posts I want to read and perhaps comment on. So maybe I will use Firefox a bit more from now on.

Meanwhile, perhaps I can get that plug-in fixed. At first it was not identified, but suddenly it was revealed as the Shockwave Flash one. I googled this and found that it does sometimes cause problems and you have to make sure you have the latest version of your browser installed, then de-install Shockwave Flash and reinstall it. I'll have to be feeling quite brave to attempt all that.

5 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I've not been able to use Chrome. When I downloaded it for some reason it just did not work at all and made my computer crash. So, I've stuck to Firefox.

Unknown said...

Just make sure you download the Flash Player 10 plug-in, which is the latest version, from the real Adobe site. For there are some fake ones out there, and these are the ones that are causing all of the problems.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Hitesh Rawat said...

have seen many issues with chrome and since then i have stuck to firefox.....think its the best

Hitesh Rawat said...

Mozzila is the best...have been using it for a long time now....tried chrome, IE, safari...but firefox works the best.......yea it had some abode issues but that's fixable.....with just a small plug in....

happpy dropping...\,,/

Unknown said...

Thansk for comments everyone. I've just downloaded the latest Firefox update. Thinmgs seem to be going ok and I haven't doen anything about my flash, so perhaps the problem was just with Chrome.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site