Wednesday 20 January 2010

Cacti in Lanzarote

I daren't post just a photo for Wordless Wednesday any more, because without text I don't think the post will qualify for adgitize points and boost my earnings there. But I'm still finding pics in my collection that I can share and explain.

These are from our last holiday in Lanzarote four years ago. I had resisted visitng the cactus garden until then, writing it off as just another tourist trap. Boy was I wrong. This cactus garden is fantastic. I think you can see from the pictures whata diversity of plants and plant sizes there are. I learnt so much and found it all fascinating.




7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Interesting photos,thanks for sharing them.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Wow, how tall some of those cactus are. Very unique and great photos.

BK said...

That is a very big cactus garden. We have a similar cactus garden like that in our botanical garden in Singapore too. It is interesting to see all the diversity of plants too.

Sharkbytes said...

Jean- I just love succulent gardens. This one is so awesome... and outdoors. Here in the frigid north they all have to be in conservatories!

Unknown said...

Thanks you Mike.

And Jo. Yes the height of some of the plants seemed gargantuan.

BK - I don't remember seeing the cactus garden in Singapore, but it was many years ago I was there.

Sharkbytes. Yes that is sad. The climat in Lanzarote is normally mild all year. I'm not sure how they fared this year though.

cornyman said...

A wordless Wednesday don't cost you article points in Adgitize. Otherwise there would be hundreds of members who would complain already for their wordless posts on Wednesdays :)

Unknown said...

Gosh thanks for that, Corneyman. I can save myself writing time on Wednesdays now.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site