Wednesday 21 May 2008

Finding Ideas

In a writers’ forum, I and other authors were recommended to visit the TED Talks List for those times when we were stuck for inspiration. You can select from a list of videoed talks on some fascinating subjects.

I decided to watch the talk by Amy Tan, who wrote the Joy Luck Club and other books. She was talking about creativity and the influences on us that affect what we write about, a subject which always intrigues me. And her unique slant on this didn’t disappoint me.

This made me think about non-fiction articles about writing – I’ve been successful with a few of those just recently.

But there are lots of other ideas on TED. I just have to find some time to listen, and any one of them could get my creative juices flowing.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site