Wednesday 26 March 2008

Inspiration

I have spent the best part of today writing about the General Sherman Tree to showcase at Constant Content in the hope of a sale. This is a piece I started a couple of years ago, but then I got side tracked and didn’t do anything with it. Looking through my articles folder early this morning, I came across it and decided it was worth working up.

I was reminded of when I first found out about this tree. Hubby and I were wandering through a park while on holiday in Guernsey. We came across a large tree stump and some educational material discussing the age of trees and how they can be calculated from the rings of the trunk, and so on. As we were turning away, I saw another notice which said that the largest tree in the world was The General Sherman Tree. This intrigued me so when I got home I looked it up and found out that it is one of the giant trees in the Sequoia National Park in California.

People often ask me how I decide what to write about. Inspiration can come from anywhere. I’m always interested in how it happens for other writers, and I often write about it. I’m assured that my article, How to Get Inspiration from News Stories, is going to be in the Writer Within Newsletter that is published on the web on April 1st. As I’ve known about that since last September I don’t think it’s an April Fool.

2 comments:

VJ said...

Hi, Jean, thanks for your comment. Please put a link back to my blog, cutewriting in your blog. In effect. what I will put is a link back to you from my other blog, lenxworld, which is actually older and more popular. It's better for us, since it will not look like a reciprocal link exchange, and would look better with Google. Here goes your link, lenxworld.blogspot.com

VJ said...

And, Jean, please make this my link text: Good Writing Help (Cutewriting)

Good Writing Help (Cutewriting)

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site