Monday 10 March 2008

Blogging tips

My Elance newsletter this week pointed me to an article by Chris Bennett, search engine optimisation expert, offering tips to grow the readership of your blog. One of these was to schedule how you’ll post and do it regularly.

I had already decided to try and post three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, whenever I could be at my computer on those days. Great, I’m ahead of the game, there.

Another tip was to know your target audience. That one is not new to me as I have worked in marketing. But Bennett’s point was that I should write what they want to read about.

Might dig my heels in there. I want to write what I want to write about. When I signed up here, I gave my category as Writing, Other. And I reckon that gives me loads of scope to write for an audience of people who like to write.

There’s plenty more advice in the article; some of it is beyond my technical understanding and some for people who want to get much more out of their blogs than I do at the moment. I thought I’d just keep it accessible in case the time comes when I really want to take this further.

And I’m passing on the information here, in case I do have readers who are much more ambitious about their blogs than I am right now.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site